4.18.2009

the "claire" dress

This dress started out as the Claire pattern from Portabello Pixie which my dear friend so graciously lent to me. I have also made another version of this dress but it is not done. Hope to finish that one this weekend some time. Then I tried this one and changed the skirt around a bit. Using my pattern from this jumper, and combining it with the sleeves on the Claire. It is so cute and comfy on her too. I think it would work well for a top as well. I am sure I will be making a few more of these for summer. And this is Amy Butler fabric that I have been wanting to use for such a long time. Thankfully Kate will wear it even though it isn't pink!

1 comment:

rachel said...

ok this is ridiculously cute... you've inspired me to try one, thought i don't have that pattern i do have a similar tip that i'll try lengthening

thanks!